have a crappy valentine's day
Yep, I'm Anti-Valentine's Day and this marks the first day of my Anti-V-Day campaign!
It's not that I'm unhappy because I don't have a significant other to share the day with when I actually have two really cute young persons that make me happy, it's just that I've never understood why we need a designated day to celebrate our love for another when you should be able to show your love every single day of the year.
Even when I was married, I never quite got the hang of it. I only had one serious relationship prior to my marriage and even then, I can't recall receiving anything significant because I made it clear that I didn't want anything. That's not to say that I didn't try to make whomever feel special. For instance, when I was married we tried to get into a restaurant one time that didn't take reservations and when we pulled up, it seemed that everyone else in town had the same idea! My ex was pretty bummed out by it but we had no other choice but to leave since most decent restaurants take reservations and nothing was available. We went home and I told him I had to run an errand, went to the pizza place down the street and had them make a heart- shaped pizza for him. So you see, it has nothing to do with my not being romantic, it's just that I don't see the necessity for it because I can be romantic anytime.
So, do you know what I'll be thinking of on Valentine's Day this year? "Oh look, it's Wednesday!".
It's not that I'm unhappy because I don't have a significant other to share the day with when I actually have two really cute young persons that make me happy, it's just that I've never understood why we need a designated day to celebrate our love for another when you should be able to show your love every single day of the year.
Even when I was married, I never quite got the hang of it. I only had one serious relationship prior to my marriage and even then, I can't recall receiving anything significant because I made it clear that I didn't want anything. That's not to say that I didn't try to make whomever feel special. For instance, when I was married we tried to get into a restaurant one time that didn't take reservations and when we pulled up, it seemed that everyone else in town had the same idea! My ex was pretty bummed out by it but we had no other choice but to leave since most decent restaurants take reservations and nothing was available. We went home and I told him I had to run an errand, went to the pizza place down the street and had them make a heart- shaped pizza for him. So you see, it has nothing to do with my not being romantic, it's just that I don't see the necessity for it because I can be romantic anytime.
So, do you know what I'll be thinking of on Valentine's Day this year? "Oh look, it's Wednesday!".
Labels: Anti-Valentine's Day





<< Home